We are proud to believe that this is one of the best leather conditioners and restorers available. The Chambers leather balsam is suitable for all smooth leather including aniline and untreated leathers.
- Created and used by leatherwork professionals
- Effective leather conditioner and restorer suitable for leather of any colour including light colours. Does not leave sticky or oily residue
- Use to restore or condition a range of leather items including sofas, car seats, shoes, handbags, horse tack and more
- The balsam conditions and restores the colour of faded aniline leather, makes scuff marks less visible and makes leather noticeably softer
- Gives a smooth finish and sheen to completely untreated leather and prolongs the life of the coating of semi-aniline and other pigmented leathers
- All ingredients used are cosmetic grade for your safety
- Always test on a small hidden area first. Do not use on suede and nubuck
Aniline leather - The balsam gives excellent results on aniline leather items. If your aniline leather has lost some of its colour with time or exposure to sunlight, this leather balsam will restore it to the original colour. It will make any scuff marks less visible and the item noticeably softer.
The change can often be quite dramatic with faded colour restored to the original colour of the item. You may wish to take before and after pictures!
Semi-aniline leather - With semi-aniline leather the results are much less visible if at all. This is because semi-aniline leather which is top quality leather has a layer of pigment between the leather and the clear coating. It is very important to regularly condition semi-aniline leather with a wax based conditioner because the condition of this type of leather depends on the durability of the clear coating (lacquer). This, with time, can start rubbing off or cracking. Wax based conditioners protect the coating keeping it pliable and giving it a little more slip which helps to reduce rubbing. With semi-aniline leather you should always test the conditioner on a small hidden area. If the coating has started to rub off, the polishing cloth may be left with some staining from the colour underneath. Our balsam restores the colour of dyed through leather but cannot replace physically rubbed off colour. This can only be done by applying new colour and sealing it.
Other types of pigmented leather – other types of pigmented leather are often the cheaper ones should also be conditioned to protect the top coat. This type of leather usually has a layer of coloured polyurethane which is very durable, often more durable than the lower grade leather underneath. Conditioning will protect the coating but there will be little if any visible difference following treatment.
Also available in 500ml pots (separate listing).